- All of the clocks in Pulp Fiction are stuck on 4:20.
- If she were life size, Barbie's measurements are: 39-23-33.
- No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver or
- "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".
- All 50 states are listed across the top of the Lincoln Memorial on the
back of the $5 bill.
- Almonds are members of the peach family.
- Winston Churchill was born in a ladies' room during a dance.
- Maine is the only state whose name is just one syllable.
- There are only four words in the English language which end in"-dous":
tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
- The longest place-name still in use is:
a New Zealand hill.
- Los Angeles's full name is "El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de
los Angeles de Porciuncula" and can be abbreviated to 3.63% of its size,
- A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
- An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain.
- Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
- In most advertisements, including newspapers, the time displayed on a
watch is 10:10.
- Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.
- The only real person to be a Pez head was Betsy Ross.
- The Ramses brand condom is named after the great pharaoh Ramses
II who fathered over 160 children.
- The characters Bert and Ernie on Sesame Street were named after Bert
the cop and Ernie the taxi driver in Frank Capra's "Its A Wonderful Life"
- A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.
- A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.
- On an American one-dollar bill, there is an owl in the upper left-hand
corner of the "1" encased in the "shield" and a spider hidden in the
front upper right-hand corner.
- The giant squid has the largest eyes in the world.
- Who's that playing the piano on the "Mad About You" theme? Why it's
Paul Reiser himself.
- The male gypsy moth can "smell" the virgin female gypsy moth from 1.8
- The name for Oz in the "Wizard of Oz" was thought up when the creator,
Frank Baum, looked at his filing cabinet and saw A-N, and O-Z, hence "Oz."
- The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube
and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
- Mr. Rogers is an ordained minister.
- John Lennon's first girlfriend was named Thelma Pickles.
- The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
- There are 336 dimples on a regulation golf ball.
- "Stewardesses" is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand.
Monday, 24-Aug-2009 11:31:20 PDT