Calculate and display an aggregating particle
- Authored and Contributed by
- Ronald Joe Record
- Copyright 1993, 1994 Ronald Joe Record
The mathrec source code is freely redistributable. The author maintains
binary distributions for Caldera OpenLinux 3.1, OpenServer, UnixWare 7
and Open UNIX 8. These distributions and the source code are available via:
- created 30 Nov 1990 by Ron Record (email@example.com)
based upon an algorithm published in the Sep 86 Scientific American
- added arguments to select between sqrt(), sin(), log(), and linear
functions (original was sqrt()).
- Rewritten using X11 19 Apr 1993 by Ron Record (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Hop uses a system of parametric equations to iterate a point in the plane.
The color of the point is incremented every "period" points displayed or,
if you have selected the histogram option, the color is computed from the
number of times that pixel has been "hit".
To build the hop binary, either use the Imakefile or the sample makefile,
After modifying the Imakefile appropriately, either use "xmkmf" or "imake"
to create a Makefile. Then just type "make" to compile hop.
The manual page can be formatted by typing "nroff -man hop.man > hop.6X".
To install hop, copy the hop binary to the desired location (the sample
makefile puts it in /usr/games/X11)
Copy the formatted man page to wherever you keep your local doc (i use
/usr/games/X11/doc for games and imaging software), then add that location
to your MANPATH.
- I have used this for years without harm.
- Work Planned
- manual page.
- Try running hop with no arguments. It should display a doily kind of
pattern on the screen.
Ideas, comments, additions, deletions, suggestions, bug reports, code review,...
e-mail Ronald Record at email@example.com